Here’s the thing – a lot of times we just don’t accomplish things because we simply don’t do the action to get us there. Even all the positivity and all the confidence in ourselves won’t work unless we roll our sleeves and get things done. Here’s 5 mantra quotes to remind yourself how:
1. Well done is better than well said. ~Benjamin Franklin – The #1 reason why things don’t get done is that we are convinced that there is always a better version of what we want. See, sometimes even statement that are absolutely true are not helpful to us. Yes, there is always a better way to say thing and do things but unless you have a draft version there is nothing to improve. And of course, many times even the draft version is more ready to launch than you think.
2. Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned. ~Peter Marshall – We may not do everything we want in an instance. Some things take time just as the water for a tee from leaves takes time to boil. Big ideas, big goals, big ambitions are pretty hard to get overnight and impossible to accomplish without smart and very to the point work. But my point is – whatever it is you have in mind accomplishing – there is always a small step that will make you feel good doing it. So, take that step. And move on the the next one.
3. If IFs were gifts, every day would be Christmas. ~Charles Barkley – It is very safe to keep convincing yourself that: If this happens, then I will do that. IF I make X amount of money, I will invest in my business development. IF I have X number of clients this month I will go on a vacation next month. Etc, etc. This type of conditional thinking is doing only one thing for you- it tricks you that you are actually going to do something but in reality it is rarely motivating and even more rarely prompting you into action.
4. Talk doesn’t cook rice. ~Chinese Proverb – This one is my favourite. I keep reciting it to both myself and my clients. Even the best plan in the world, with the best team to execute it, and the best million dollar idea ever, in the end of the day there will be nothing on your dinner table unless you go out of your way and do something about bringing the plan into reality, making the most out of your team and monetizing on your idea.
6. I believe half the unhappiness in life comes from people being afraid to go straight at things. ~William J. Lock – My own life experience (may my father be blessed in Heaven!) has thought me that on your dead-bed there is only one question people ask themselves and ask you: Are you happy? They don’t regret the mistakes they made. Those mistakes taught them to be wise beyond their years or thought them that repeating the same mistake over and over again isn’t going to get you a different result. They regret only the risks they didn’t take, the chances they were afraid to take. Which one you choose to be today?
Tsvetanka Petrova, Start-up Set up Coach
www.aheartsires.com | 201.467.4941
Get your clients all over the world using these 3 ESSENTIAL Ingredients to Success… http://www.aheartsdesires.com/