Blogs are much faster indexed by search engines and also they are the first place where internet users seek for answers. Why, because blogs give answers. So, you are in business, and you would like to blog – to promote your expertise, to hopefully monetize on it and eventually get clients. Here are the 5 things you blog cannot do without.
1. Great Design – I don’t mean only choosing the template that you like the most, but also customising it to your needs and adding easily recognizable as very useful categories and menus. In the menus of course you need to present yourself – who you are and what you do and of course how others can get in touch with you. Your blog needs to be good looking but also very easy to navigate too.
2. SEOptimization – Even though the search engines love you when you post and can’t wait to index you, you need to help yourself for them to help you. That’s why don’t forget your tags, trackbacks and pingbacks to your website. You can also submit the same expert advice on a different web site and trackback to your blog. The mor you are on the internet, the more searchable is your advice and your products / services in the end.
3. Essential Widgets – Once you’ve mastered the design, the content, and the optimization, now it’s time to add to the functionality. Your side bar is like a mix between interaction zone with the readers, information on what’s most interesting, what new, the archives etc, and get in touch tool. Lots of widgets to choose from so choose well – your readers don’t have millions of minutes to loot at each one of them should you get each on your blog. So, choose 10 – but choose wisely …only those that will help you in your business.
4. Multimedia articles – If you think that blog readers have a lot of time to read lengthy articles, think again. Your articles need to be short – 600 to 900 words, with pictures, audio, and video if possible. They need to make the life of the reader easier. Your reader is searching for answers. They googled you. They ant to get the answer to what they look for just as easy.
5. Synchronization of SM accounts – This is kind of essential. You need to have your posts – posted on twitter without you doing the work, your posts in twitter posted on your blog without you doing the work, your posts on your blog posted on your facebook account and vise versa , again without you doing the work. Why? First, you save your self a lot of copy paste time which you can use somewhere else. And second, your facebook friends don’t need to click 100 places to read everything you post – because you have it all in one place, your twitter followers get updated on everything, and can decide on what to click and read and your blog readers get the same thing too.
Tsvetanka Petrova, Start-up Set up Coach
www.aheartsires.com | 201.467.4941
Get your clients all over the world using these 3 ESSENTIAL Ingredients to Success… http://www.aheartsdesires.com/